Have you ever thought about Mobile devices? Have you ever thought about why your viewer would download flash plugin to view your flash content? Have you ever thought to serve your content same across multiple browsers? If you are very well aware of all that, then your solution is HTML5!
In the early days of user interactive content, Flash had a very dominant market. Why? Simple, you can create stand-alone element that can be plugged easily in any website using flash. You can create dynamic content as well. You can capture user’s information easily. On the top of all that, you can make it look pretty and user friendly.
Well, you can achieve all the above today using HTML5. I’ve listed down a few major advantages of HTML5 versus Flash.
1. Your viewers and users won’t have to download any plugin to view HTML5 content. If you have flash content, viewers can’t view that if they don’t have Flash plugin enabled in their browsers.
2. Major mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, tablets including iPad, and other devices do not support flash plugins. HTML5 is supported across all and all browsers can interprete that very well, as W3C guidelines are followed strictly.
3. Using HTML5 you can minimize cross-browser compatibility issues.
4. Flash plugin and content is one of the most heavy assets on the web page, versus HTML5 is light-weighted components compared to flash.
5. There are some security issues coding with Flash, that can be minimized using HTML5.
6. Using HTML5, you can directly play audio and video contents in user’s browsers without having that to download on user’s computer.
7. You can create even rich interactive elements using HTML5, compared to Flash and reach even wider audience across the globe.